Information Collected and Stored Automatically
Ryan's web servers automatically collect usage information from you when you visit shop.ryanturf.com. Web Site usage information informs us about how our visitors use and navigate this Web Site. This information helps us give you the best possible experience. For each page that you visit on shop.ryanturf.com, we may collect and store the following information:
- the number of visits, including the date and time of access to shop.ryanturf.com;
- the URL address of the shop.ryanturf.com webpage visited;
- the length of time you stay on a webpage;
- your Internet Protocol address;
- name and contact information, including email address;
- demographic information such as age, gender, postal code, preferences, and interests; and
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
This data informs us about the number of visitors to this Web Site and the type of technology our visitors use.
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics has many different features, each of which may use data in different ways. We have enabled the following features offered by Google Analytics:
- GA3: demographics reports
- GA4: detailed user data on demographics reports
If you use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari or Microsoft Edge as your web browser and would like to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you may download and install the Google opt-out add-on for your web browser located at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To learn more about how to disable cookies in your browser, please visit https://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml.
Information Collected From You
Your Ability to Choose
The information collected from you helps us communicate with you to provide information, products, and services that you have requested. It is your choice to send us these requests. Through your internet browser, you may have the option to reject this Web Site’s cookies and still use this Web Site. You may always opt out of receiving marketing emails by following the instructions on the marketing email that you receive from us.
How We Use and Share Your Information
We may combine the personal information that you provide us with other information about you that is available to us, including information from other sources (e.g. offline data or data obtained from third parties). The ways that we may use your information include:
- to respond to your specific inquiries;
- to troubleshoot any issues with respect to your use of shop.ryanturf.com;
- to provide you with information on products and services, either on a personalized or aggregate basis; and
- to give shop.ryanturf.com editors anonymous, aggregate information that is useful for developing new features and products for our visitors and to improve the content and navigation on shop.ryanturf.com.
We may also disclose information to respond to legal requirements or requests, enforce our policies, and protect the rights, property and safety of Ryan. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We will disclose information to law enforcement, governmental agencies, or third-parties authorized by law, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Web Site user to legal liability. We may disclose your personal information, any communications sent or received by you, and any other information that we may have about you to prevent, investigate, identify persons or organizations potentially involved in activity that appears to us to be illegal, or that we believe may expose us to legal liability. Additionally, we may disclose personal information in situations that we believe to be emergencies involving potential threats to the physical safety or any person or property if we believe that the information in any way relates to that threat. In such events, we will disclose any information that is relevant and necessary to the investigation or to prevent injury or illegal activity.
In the event we are engaged in or contemplating a merger or other corporate acquisition with another business entity, personal information may be disclosed to and would likely be acquired by the other business entity.
We care about the safety and privacy of children online, and we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”). COPPA and its accompanying regulations protect the privacy of children using the Internet. This Web Site is directed towards adults and we do not knowingly contact, market online to, or solicit information of any kind from children under the age of 13.
Ryan does not:
- knowingly collect, use, or disclose information from children under the age of 13;
- have actual knowledge that it is collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children under 13; or
- have actual knowledge that it is collecting personal information directly from users of another website or online service directed to children under the age of 13.
If we are notified that information pertaining to a child under 13 was collected unintentionally or by fraud or by deception, then as soon as we verify the information, we will immediately obtain parental consent or otherwise delete the information from our servers. If you want notify us of our receipt of information by a child under the age of 13, then please do so by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Your Canadian Privacy Rights
If you are a Canadian resident, you have the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, port to another service provider, restrict, or object to certain uses of your personal information (for example, direct marketing). We will not alter our service level or charge you more if you exercise any of these rights.
Please note that before we can respond to any requests relating to your personal information, we verify your identity before we respond. In order to do so, we may use a third party to collect and verify identification documents.
In the event you are not happy with our response to a request, you may contact us directly. You also have the right to contact your local data protection or privacy authority at any time.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights, pursuant to the CCPA. These CCPA rights may only apply in certain circumstances and are subject to certain exemptions. Please see the information below for a summary of your rights, how to exercise your rights and the information we require in order to respond to your requests. Please note that we may ask for certain information to verify the request in accordance with applicable law.
- Right to Know – You have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose and/or sell about you. To protect our customers’, we are required to verify your identify before we can act on your request.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to delete personal information that we collect or maintain about you. To protect our customers’, we are required to verify your identify before we can act on your request. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any of your CCPA rights. However, we may offer certain financial incentives, charge reasonable fees related to your requests, or deny your right to know or right to request deletion in accordance with applicable law.
To exercise your rights, please submit your request through one of the following means:
- By calling us at 1-844-666-9377
- By emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By mailing to us at 3901 Morrison Ave. Bismarck, ND 58504
Virginia and Colorado Residents
- Right to Know and Access. You have the right to request that we disclose the personal information we collect, use, disclose and/or sell about you. To protect our customers’, we are required to verify your identify before we can act on your request.
- Right to Correct and Delete. You have the right to correct any incomplete or incorrect personal data that we have collected or to delete personal information that we collect or maintain about you. To protect our customers’, we are required to verify your identify before we can act on your request. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
- Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time. We have provided three different ways you may contact us to exercise your opt out rights.
We periodically send out emails and email newsletters informing you of company events, new products and exciting developments within our company. You can unsubscribe from them by following the “unsubscribe” instructions near the bottom of the email. You can also contact us by any of the methods at the end of this section.
Mail or Telephone Promotions:
You can ask us to delete you from our customer mailing or phone lists. You can also ask us to not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes. To do so, contact us by any of the methods at the end of this section.
You can opt out any time by adjusting your device settings, uninstalling our app or contacting us by any of the methods at the end of this section.
You can opt out of text alerts any time by replying “STOP,” or by contacting us by any of the methods at the end of this section.
We complete any opt-out request as quickly as we can. This opt-out request won’t prohibit us from sending you important nonmarketing notices, such as product safety notices.
To exercise your opt out rights, please submit your request through one of the following means:
- By calling us at 1-844-666-9377
- By emailing us at email@example.com.
- By mailing to us at 3901 Morrison Ave. Bismarck, ND 58504
Safeguarding Your Information
You are responsible for keeping your login name and password confidential and are responsible for all actions taken with your login name and password. If you believe that your password has been compromised for any reason, then you should immediately contact us and change your password.
Some of the pages on shop.ryanturf.com use security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control. When credit card information or other sensitive information is transmitted we use Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption.
Third Party Links
We use some social media tools and websites to interact with our customers. There may be links to these other websites on shop.ryanturf.com. For example, we allow you to link to Facebook, Twitter, and various other social media sites from this Web Site. We have no control over these linked websites and they each have separate privacy and data collection practices that are independent of Ryan. Some of these privacy policies are listed below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/legal/FB_Work_Privacy
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- YouTube: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Additionally, certain social media websites and other websites may track your browsing activity across this Web Site as well as across other sites that you visit. We strongly encourage you to read the policies of any third party website when deciding whether or not to use it.
© 2022 Clark Equipment Company. All Rights Reserved.
Shop.ryanturf.com offers shipping to all 50 United States.
- FREE SHIPPING on orders over $99 shipped standard ground, including freight items, to the contiguous United States (Alaska and Hawaii are excluded).
- US customers can choose Next-Day Air or 2nd Day. You will be required to pay a calculated shipping fee.
- Expect LTL or truck freight shipments to arrive in 4 to 6 weeks.
- No Saturday delivery.
- You may receive multiple shipments at different times from different locations. Smaller items are shipped via UPS. Parts weighing over 150 lbs. will arrive via truck freight shipment.
Truck Freight Policy
If an item is 151 lbs. or more, it will be shipped via Truck Freight (on a semi-truck) and you must have the means to unload it from the truck. Expect LTL or truck freight shipments to arrive within 3 to 4 weeks. The shipment MUST BE INSPECTED UPON RECEIPT. The consignee (you or someone you appoint) must completely open and inspect the product.
You will be asked at checkout to agree that you can and will accept truck freight shipping at your shipping address. If you agree to truck freight, but are unable to accept it upon arrival, you will incur return fees.
What if my item shipped via truck freight arrives damaged?
Please note 'Damaged' or “Short” and a brief description of the damage or shortage found on the delivery receipt. Call the Ryan team, email us photos, and we will ensure a satisfactory outcome.
If the outside packaging has any signs of damage like creases, rips, tears, holes, punctures, crushed in, etc., please send photos of the package and of the products inside. Call the Ryan team, email us photos, and we will ensure a satisfactory outcome.
Ryan Parts at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 844-666-9377
Why do I need to inspect the shipment?
It is VERY IMPORTANT that the freight is inspected before you sign the delivery receipt. By signing the receipt and accepting the shipment, you are releasing the freight company and all of its affiliates of any liability for damages that are not reported on the delivery receipt at the time of delivery.
If you discover damage after the freight driver leaves, email the Ryan Team at email@example.com or call 844-666-9377 within 48 hours so we can report it. We only have a few days to report damage that isn't reported on the delivery receipt and it is a lot harder to win the claim.
Return and Refund Policy
Clark Equipment Company as owner of the Ryan trademark supports a 30 day return policy. All items returned must be in the original packaging, in new uninstalled condition and you must include a copy of your invoice.
Returns purchased through shop.ryanturf.com can be made by filling out the Order and Return Form.
Credit will be issued to the original credit card used to purchase the item. If the incorrect order was an error by the customer, charges for shipping are non-refundable and return shipping fees may apply. If it was an error by the Ryan Team, Clark Equipment Company will cover shipping expenses and issue full credit for the products. For your protection, we recommend that you use Insured Parcel Post and that you keep all the shipping receipts. All regular freight returns are subject to a restocking fee of 15% of the purchase price. All shipments must be prepaid, COD and freight collect shipments will be refused.
Clark Equipment Company is not responsible for returned merchandise lost in transit including if a shipment is refused. We recommend you do not refuse a shipment due to lack of trackability. A credit will be issued when Clark Equipment Company receives the product and verifies that its condition is acceptable.
Clark Equipment Company reserves the right to refuse any returns if they do not meet our return requirements. If these requirements are not met, parts will be either scrapped or returned to you at your expense.
Ryan Dealers are unable to accept returns for online purchases.
If you need more assistance, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your Order Number and part number. The Order Number is in the confirmation email when you placed your order. If you created an account, Sign In and click on My Orders in the left-hand margin to find your Order Number. If you are unable to locate your Order Number, please Contact Us.
Clark Equipment Company warrants to its customers that except as otherwise specified herein service parts will be free from proven defects in material and workmanship for six (6) months or 180 days, whichever occurs first. Clark Equipment Company makes no warranty on engines, tires, batteries, belts, regulators, starter-generators or other parts not of its manufacture. The engine warranty is covered by the engine manufacturer, and these other parts may be covered by the warranties of their respective manufacturers. Consult the Operator’s Manual of the engine provided with your product or ask an authorized dealer for the terms and conditions of these warranties. The foregoing time periods shall all commence on the purchase date by the original buyer. During the warranty period the owner shall provide proof of purchase for warranty coverage.
During the warranty period, the owner shall provide proof of purchase for warranty coverage. Clark Equipment Company may, at its option, require failed parts to be returned for analysis. The shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. If the part is deemed warrantable, credit will be given for shipping charges and the purchase price of the failed part. If the part is determined to be non-warrantable, the customer will be responsible for return shipping charges at Clark Equipment Company’s shipping rates.
Parts installed by a person or entity that is not an authorized Ryan dealer exclude labor. Travel time of mechanics and transportation of the Ryan product to the authorized Ryan dealer for warranty work are the responsibility of the owner. The remedies provided in this warranty are exclusive.
This warranty does not cover replacement of scheduled service items such as oil, filters, tune-up parts, and other high-wear items. This warranty does not cover damages resulting from abuse, accidents, alterations, use of the Ryan product with any accessory or attachment not approved by Clark Equipment Company, air flow obstructions, or failure to maintain or use the Ryan product according to the instructions applicable to it.
THIS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXCEPT THE WARRANTY OF TITLE. CLARK EQUIPMENT COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL CLARK EQUIPMENT COMPANY OR THE AUTHORIZED RYAN DEALER BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OR INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, OR LOSS OF MACHINE USE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF CLARK EQUIPMENT COMPANY OR THE AUTHORIZED RYAN DEALER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF CLARK EQUIPMENT COMPANY AND THE AUTHORIZED RYAN DEALERS WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT AND SERVICES FURNISHED HEREUNDER SHALL NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT UPON WHICH SUCH LIABILITY IS BASED.
© 2022 Clark Equipment Company. All Rights Reserved.